Please note: The following calendar contains dates and times intended to be used only for the observance of the Ekadasi fast and paran times (break fast) for our New Jersey Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math.
The calculations have been made according to local Philadelphia time and location. The times may also be used by everyone in the area we serve including New York City and the entire state of New Jersey.
Those in a different time zone or location should check for possible variations.
Except for Ekadasi, Srila Govinda Maharaja has instructed the devotees of Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math to observe the functions on the same dates as they are observed in Navadwip Dham regardless of the calculation for local time worldwide.
1. (Mon) Krishna Dvadashi. Break fast (paran) 06:45 – 10:58am.
2. (Tue) Disappearance of Srila Govinda Ghosh Thakura. Disappearance of Sripada Satyendrachandra Bhattacharya Mahodaya.
10. (Wed) Gaura Panchami. Appearance of Sripada Ramanuja Acharya.
12. (Fri) Gaura Saptami. Appearance of Tridandi Swami Sripada Bhakti Vilasa Tirtha Maharaja.
14. (Sun) Gaura Navami. Sri Rama Navami. Appearance at noon of Sri Ramachandra.
15. (Mon) Gaura Ekadashi. Fasting for Kamada Ekadashi.
16. (Tue) Gaura Dvadashi. Break fast (paran) 06:21 – 10:47am.
Observance of the disappearance of Om Vishnupada Paramahamsa Parivrajakacharya-varya Ashtottara-shata-sri Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaja.
19. (Fri) Purnima. Vasanta Rasa of Sri Krishna. Rasa Yatra of Sri Balarama. Appearance of Srila Vamshi Vadanananda Thakura and Srila Shyamananda Prabhu.
24. (Wed) Krishna Panchami. Disappearance of Sripada Krishnadasa Babaji Maharaja.
26. (Fri) Krishna Saptami. Disappearance of Srila Abhirama Thakura.
29. (Mon) Krishna Dashami. Disappearance of Srila Vrindavana Dasa Thakura.
30. (Tue) Krishna Ekadashi. Fasting for Varuthini Ekadashi. Disappearance of Sriyukta Saurindranath Bhakti Varidhi Prabhu.
1. (Wed) Krishna Dvadashi. Break fast (paran) 06:01 – 10:39am
4. (Sat) Amavasya. Appearance of Srila Gadadhara Pandit Goswami.
5. (Sun) Gaura Pratipad. Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Aloka Paramahamsa Maharaja.
6. (Mon) Gaura Dvitiya. Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Vichar Jajavar Maharaja.
7. (Tue) Gaura Tritiya. Beginning of 21 days Chandan Yatra of Sri Sri Jagannathdeva.
9. (Thu) Gaura Panchami. Appearance of Sripada Shankar Acharya. Disappearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Vilasa Gabhastinemi Maharaja.
11. (Sat) Gaura Saptami. Jahnu Saptami. Sri Jahnavi Puja (Sri Ganga Puja).
13. (Mon) Gaura Navami. Appearance of Sri Nityananda-shakti, Sri Jahnava Devi, and Sri Rama-shakti, Sri Sita Devi.
14. (Tues) Gaura Ekadashi. Fasting for Mohini Ekadashi.
15. (Wed) Gaura Dvadashi. Break fast (paran) 06:32 – 10:33am.
18. (Sat) Purnima. Sri Nrisimha Chaturdashi. Appearance day of Sri Nrisimhadeva Full fast until after sunset, then no grains (anukalpa). Sri Krishna’s Phul Dol and Salila Bihar. Buddha Purnima: appearance day of Lord Buddha. Disappearance of Srila Parameshvari Dasa Thakura. Appearance of Srila Srinivasa Acharya.
19. (Sun) Krishna Pratipad. Sri Nrisimha Chaturdashi paran between 5:42 and 9:22 a.m. Disappearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Saranga Goswami Maharaja.
23. (Thu) Krishna Panchami. Disappearance of Srila Ramananda Ray.
28. (Tue) Krishna Navami. Disappearance of Sripada Santosh Krishna Dasa Adhikari Prabhu.
30. (Thu) Krishna Ekadashi. Fasting for Apara Ekadashi.
31. (Fri) Krishna Dvadashi. Break fast (paran) 05:34 – 07:48am. Appearance of Srila Vrindavana Dasa Thakura.